(meteorobs) Two Major Fireballs Over North America on January 19

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Fri Jan 21 16:36:33 EST 2011

With some detective work from Mike Hankey I am convinced that the two fireballs I mentioned yesterday are now one and the same.
According to Mike the path seems to have been from New York down through Tennessee. This path allowed observers as far north as
Michigan and as far south as Georgia and Louisiana to have witnessed this event. Interestingly enough, very few reports came from
the centerline where perhaps the sky the obscured by clouds.

We now have 50 reports of this event.  For more details please visit the AMS website at:
http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball2/public.php?start_date=2011-01-19&end_date=2011-01-19&state=&event_id=&submit=Find+Reports

Refer to report #86.

Many thanks to Mike for his work on this event!

Robert Lunsford
American Meteor Society