(meteorobs) Green Fireballs

Bias, Peter V pbias at flsouthern.edu
Thu Jan 27 22:04:49 EST 2011

I've watched the Perseids all the way back to 1967 and have never seen green fireballs.  The '81 Perseids (from Ohio) were great, bright and numerous, but I don't recall special color. The only clearly colored fireballs in my life were the '98 Leonids, which were aqua colored when overhead.  That's it. An occasional color here or there, but no consistent, obvious colors other than the Leonids that one year.  I know Norman's been watching all those years as well and maybe he's seen things a bit differently.  I'm curious too.
Pete Bias