(meteorobs) Green Fireballs

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 07:48:00 EST 2011

This indeed is a fascinating topic and one that also goes way back in UFO
history, too.  Although, I've probably never seen more than one or two green
meteors personally in all my 37 years of observing, other folks see them
quite regularly it seems, especially in the American southwest going back
several decades.
I thought I would pass along the following link, a passage to a chapter in
the book so well-known to UFOlogists, the Report on Unidentified Flying
Objects by Edward J. Ruppelt, 1956.  Mr. Ruppelt was head of the USAF
Project Blue Book UFO investigation group for several years.  Seems the USAF
was quite interested in green fireballs, too!

http://www.nicap.org/rufo/rufo-04.htm

Interesting reading, I thought, passed along for historical perspective
only, not to jump to any conclusions or anything...;o).

Clear skies to all, Paul