(meteorobs) Video Meteor Observations from Southern CA2011-01-22 UT

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Fri Jan 28 17:38:45 EST 2011

Wayne and All,

When they are down and not working, your life is miserable. After three straight weeks of cloudy weather in late December and early
January I was ready to commence the video program. The computer was dead in the water (would not even start). I tinkered with the
wiring for a week and got it running. That night it was dead again. To trip to the local computer store had it working again in one
day as it magically worked every time they tried it. When I got it home it worked for one night and then died. Another trip to the
computer store revealed a bad motherboard. Rather than replace the motherboard on an eleven year old computer, I had them take the
hard drive and frame grabber out and put them in a used machine they had for sale. It took a few days to get them new system running
to perfection but it seems to be working just fine now.

Now if I did not have to work I would gladly scan the skies myself and not have to rely on an old computer to do it for me. Anybody
out there wish to finance an old pair of eyes to monitor the meteor activity each clear night? :-)

Now that would be nice, to be paid for something you actually like doing!!!

Clear Skies,

Bob Lunsford