(meteorobs) perseids and the full moon

Tony Markham tonymarkham832 at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 4 02:34:26 EDT 2011

Its also the case that in the half of the sky opposite to the Moon a lot more meteors will be seen than on most moonless nights at other times of the year.
The effect of moonlight is reduced the further north you are. I observe from central England at Lat 53 deg N. From here, the Full Moon at Dec -14 deg  will only be at 23 deg altitude at its highest and so much less of an impact than a Full Moon high in the sky during the Geminids.
Tony