(meteorobs) Slow meteors radiating from HER/CRB

Bernd Brinkmann bernd.brinkmann at hs-bochum.de
Tue Jul 5 04:22:46 EDT 2011

Hello Sergei,

> Greetings everyone!
>
> Has anybody seen last night or these nights slow meteors radiating from the area
> inbetween HER and CRB?
>
> I saw two of them in the night 03/04 July. One another observer in Italy saw one
> similar meteor in the same night.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> With best regards
> Sergei Schmalz

I examined the video meteor data of my camera KLEMOI (20 km east of Cologne) for
the last 2 nights. On 03./04. July I captured only 8 SPO of which only 1 was slow
(6.3 deg/sec). But last night (04./0.5. July) I got 23 SPO of which at least 5 or
6 originated at a radiant a little bit south of BETA Cygni (Albireo). For my
camera's fov (55 x 43 deg centered on azimut 48 deg, elevation 46 deg) this point
lines up with the area HER/CRB you mentioned. The velocities are in the order of
4 to 6 deg/sec, compared to 15 - 20 deg/sec for the other SPOs.

I have attached the backward tracing plot of the postprocessing software for the
last night.

Very interesting. Perhaps can the other IMO video network members check their
data too.

Clear skies
Bernd

Bernd Brinkmann