(meteorobs) re beta Hydrid reference?

wisetdf at Safe-mail.net wisetdf at Safe-mail.net
Mon Jul 18 15:57:28 EDT 2011

Wayne Hally wrote :-

"Nothing much on the IAU website, other than it's shower 316, BHD:"

Yep, thanks for that, that's what I'd noticed.

I'm having a similar case with the zeta Serpentids.

I can't find them in new IAU stuff or similar, I can't find them in old style lists of showers (which often have showers many of us have never heard of and aren't repeated on other lists, themselves having such cases too).

Another problem is that I'm not having much look finding the IAU photographic database bibliographic key either.  I think I used to look it up on the Lund Observatory website, but since then custodianship moved from there about 2003, and a set key doesn't seem to exist anymore.

051W should be a 1951 paper by Whipple using Harvard Plate data I think, I found a similar 1954 paper at adsabs article server.  I've gotten a bit rusty at this sort of stuff.

Cheers

John