[Meteorobs] Server failure

Wayne Hally meteoreye at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 16:58:40 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Just an elf heads up. The server that meteorobs runs on died over the
weekend, not particularly gracefully. The man who volunteers to support it
has been busting his tail over the last 24 hours to bring it back up. MANY
THANX Brewster!!!

This is kind of a test to see if it goes through, as well as notification.

Please note, the restored backup is from May 29th, so it's probable that any
posts since then have sublimated into the aether. Please be patient while
full functionality is restored.

In the meantime, if you subscribed to the digest version, you may start
receiving every message, you may have to reselect your option.

Yahoo group may take longer to return.

We will do our best to keep you informed as recovery progresses.

Again, Please be patient during the process.

By tomorrow, we may ask that you write owner-meteorobs for any specific
problems; there's no point in doing it right now since we would be swamped.

List Elf Wayne