[Meteorobs] Tau Herculids

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Thu Jun 2 21:48:14 EDT 2011

At 08:16 PM 6/2/2011, Robert Lunsford wrote:
>Casual observations at the time of predicted maximum yielded 1 owl
>and no meteors. There were some thin high clouds with a limiting
>magnitude near +4.5 as seen from suburban San Diego.

My wife just returned home very excited. While standing in a brightly
lit parking lot, she just saw 4 meteors in the space of 2 or 3
minutes. It's unclear from her discription if thes could be Tau
Herculids, but the velocity of two of them and their approximate
track (I wasn't there and her description was not very precise) could
be consistent with Tau Herculids.

I'll try to head out to see if something might still be happening happening.