(meteorobs) Question

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Jun 3 11:00:36 EDT 2011

Most slow, bright meteors show green. It is by far the most common color
reported. The current fascination (obsession?) with the color comes, I
think, from simple repetition. It's like when you learn some new little
fact, and then hear it repeated three times the next day. It seems so
odd and coincidental, but it's just a consequence of our hard-wired
pattern recognition system.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory