(meteorobs) Radio Meteor Detection Frequencies

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Tue Jun 7 16:33:40 EDT 2011

Hello Group:
    Canada is going digital for TV carrier signals much like the U.S.A.  I'm
on the mid East Coast of Vancouver Island, Longitude 125d 00m 35.3s W,
Latitude 40d 40m 36.34s North.  Does anyone know of a frequency and station
location I could use for AM forward scatter meteor detections?  I'm using a
Icom IC-R7000 Receiver.  A suggestion of the type of antenna I need would
help.  I was using a home built quad with a reflector at 61.24 Mhz.
Thanks:
EdMajden - http://www.bcmeteors.net/