(meteorobs) Eastern Texas Meteor Event 14JUN2011

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 11:44:05 EDT 2011

>>We're not MAKING the color reports up. We report what we get. You  tell
me what it means, George. Seriously...let it go>>

I'm not saying anyone is. I expect a fair number  of green meteors to drop
meteorites probably for the same reason non meteorite  dropping shower
fireballs to appear green...they both have the energy to excite  the various
atmospheric molecules that will appear green to various  observers...regardless
if meteorites are gonna fall or not. The green reports  don't mean anything
to me other than it elevates the Ooo and Ahhh factor.  Personally I've seen
quite a few green, blue-green and just plain white  fireballs for both
sporadics and shower meteors. What significant meaning should  I apply to
meteorite dropping green fireballs over the green non meteorite  dropping shower
fireballs?
GeoZay