(meteorobs) Individual meteoroid color perception?

ycsentinel at att.net ycsentinel at att.net
Thu Jun 16 00:58:47 EDT 2011

The dramatic differences in colors reported on the same event or object, eg., Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, Orange, etc. are likely fairly uniform and consistant when viewed by many different people looking at the same source under a lab condition.

My thoughts are that the variances in color description might not be tied so close to individual perception, but more to atmospheric filtering and color transparencies at specific locations, viewing angle, object elevation, atmospheric composition, etc.

It is quite a jump for viewer to go thru' the color spectrum on a specific object without something else at work here. It is also quite a jump to assume such a broad range of colors are being emitted long enough at each wavelength to override the other colors at nearly the same time.

I think it could be (VERY) important to find out why the variance in reported colors is so wide.....

ycsentinel