(meteorobs) To the All-Sky Sentinel camera stations.

ycsentinel at att.net ycsentinel at att.net
Mon Jun 20 16:06:04 EDT 2011

Hi all.

Just discovered through some color subject musing & subsequent testing here at YCSentinel.....

Wsentinel software with the Happenpauge Video card can produce (I think), "reasonable" color on the brighter fireballs when coupled to a color video camera. Color is not perfect but certainly very useable. (Standard Sentinel III software does not allow any true color at all).

In my case, camera is a test Sony Hyper HAD color video camera model number SSC-C104. It only has a 1/3" CCD substrate however, and is a 1.0 Lux camera. It seems to provide a goodly wide angle with the Rainbow L163VDC4P All-Sky lens in DC mode.

Light blossom (flaring) correction is VERY fast and there seems to be a boost in camera sensitivity in dark conditions.....this I will need to check more closely at night.....

Wider testing for full potential of Fireball color captures needs to be done, and there are much better video cards out there too.

Larry
Yuba City, Calif.