(meteorobs) To the All-Sky Sentinel camera stations.

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 20 17:00:02 EDT 2011

Hi Larry:
	I also just purchased a 1/3" Sony Super Had CCD 410,000 pixel camera
which has a resolution of 540 TV Lines with a minimum o.002/Lux
(intensified  recording b&w in this mode) or color 0.3 Lux (F1.3).  I
need a lens for it but have not ordered one yet because of our darned
postal strike.  I'm looking at this lens and am wondering if anyone
has seen or used one?

FUJINON:   YV2.8x2.8LA-SA2L   2.8-8mm VARI-FOCAL AUTO IRIS LENS
Our most popular auto iris lens, the Fujinon YV2.8x2.8LA-SA2L
(Fujifilm) is the fastest 1/3" high resolution lens in the CCTV
industry with a f.95 aperture. This means that the lens allows more
light to reach the camera sensor yielding the best low light
performance possible . The 2.8mm to 8mm focal length provides a super
wide range of adjustability. This lens includes aspherical glass
components for the sharpest possible picture even with 540 TVL
cameras. Includes a long cable with a connector factory installed for
the DC auto-iris operation. Very compact size. CS mount cameras only.

Angle of view: 35 degrees (at 8mm) to 99.5 degrees (at 2.8mm).

Want superior results for nightime use? Select "for IR light" in the
drop down before clicking the add to cart button. This changes your
lens to the day/night version that includes coated optics that correct
for artificial and infrared light sources yielding a sharper low light
picture. This model is the Fujinon YV2.7x2.9LR4

See: http://www.prosecuritywarehouse.com/lensautoiris.html

	I was going to use the camera for another purpose but may just give
it a try for fireballs.  Let me know how well your camera works
recording colors?  Still looking for a 25 mm dia Gen 3 Image
Intensifier at a "reasonable" price.  Know any arms dealers that will
ship me one in Canada, ha! ha!  Promise not to sell it to a
terrorist!  When in the RCAF/CAF I held an HRP and Top Secret security
clearance so I think I should be trusted with one!  ;-0

Ed