(meteorobs) Meteorites

Bomber2 Panther outbackmanyep at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 21 02:21:15 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I recently purchased an end cut of the Wiluna Meteorite from a dealer at a local gem show.
The meteorite is a "fall" type, with a recorded date and time of 2nd Sept 1967, near the township of Wiluna in Western Australia.

I was wondering if anyone here had some further information on the story or if i could be pointed in the right direction.
I have tried the Australian National Library digitised newspaper section and turned up nothing, only a few classifications and minimal stories from other sources online.
It is a H5 chondrite, and the piece i have is a nice end cut (gotta love end cuts!) with the outer fusion crust in good condition.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris Wyatt
Walcha, NSW