(meteorobs) Breaking News - Major TX, OK, AR, MO, KS, CO, NE Green Fireball Meteor ~9:21CDT 23MAR2011

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Thu Mar 24 11:05:44 EDT 2011

> http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/2011/03/breaking-news-major-texas-
> green.html

Dirk and all,

I'm pretty sure I caught that particular meteor on my secondary video (
not on Sentinel ) but it was at an extreme distance from my station near
Lamy, New Mexico. The meteor appears at the 9 o'clock position and it is
miniscule in the video but maybe there is some data in the capture in
any case.   North is top, east is screen left.  There is also some faint
forward scatter audio evident too on one channel just prior to the
appearance of the visual meteor.

http://www.heliotown.com/FBns20110324_022054ut_Ashcraft.mp4

Thomas Ashcraft  |  Heliotown  |  New Mexico