(meteorobs) Major TX, OK, AR, MO, KS, CO, NE Green Fireball Meteor ~9:21CDT 23MAR2011

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Mar 25 01:03:34 EDT 2011

I certainly did not say there was no chance of meteorites. I only pointed
out that in the absence of a multistation analysis, the fireball appears to
me typical of what any one camera will capture every month or two, and which
in my experience has characteristics that aren't generally associated with
objects likely to survive their atmospheric passage.

I had not heard that sound was reported. If this was acoustic, and not
electrophonic, I'd say that improves the likelihood of meteorites
considerably. Still, the best estimate would come from a multistation
analysis providing an estimate for height, entry angle, and speed.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com