(meteorobs) To Dirk

Wayne Hally meteoreye at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 06:28:40 EDT 2011

Dirk,

First, let me offer my support for all of you in Japan; I know it has been a
horrible time for you all, and unlike others, I do not think you are fiends
J I prefer the term friends.

My issue was strictly with the definitive statement that you made "This put
rocks on the ground!"

That to me was a statement of fact.and I found no evidence in the comments
that it was supported. All I was asking for was such evidence. If it did not
exist at the time, than your declaration of it as a fact was bad
science/hype.

I have nothing personally against you, or green fireballs. I do have a
vendetta against bad science. And FWIW, I have done fireball investigations,
so understand the difficulties and challenges.

Personally, I hope you turn out to be right and meteorites will be
recovered. Any meteorite recovery adds to the science of our field.  But for
you to make that statement, in the absence of anything suggesting a fall
(And I went to your website to check, so you got the hits that you appear to
want) just sticks in my craw.

So please, just stick to the facts, and we will all be happy.

This is my last post on the subject.

Wayne