(meteorobs) Major TX, OK, AR, MO, KS, CO, NE Green Fireball Meteor ~9:21CDT 23MAR2011

Wayne Hally meteoreye at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 10:23:34 EDT 2011

Thanx, Dan!

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorobs-bounces at meteorobs.org
[mailto:meteorobs-bounces at meteorobs.org] On Behalf Of
dfischer at astro.uni-bonn.de
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 9:43 AM
To: Global Meteor Observing Forum
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Major TX, OK, AR, MO, KS, CO, NE Green Fireball
Meteor ~9:21CDT 23MAR2011

> Some targeted research was conducted during the Leonid storms around
> the 2000 period, I have yet to see a peer reviewed article with
> results...hope there will someday be one. If anyone knows of any,
> please let me know!!

In such cases, consult http://www.adsabs.harvard.edu - not complete, but
nearly so. "Leonids" AND "electrophonic" brings up hundreds(!) of papers,
many in peer-reviewed journals. The classic - which back then convinced me
that the phenomenon is real - is
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002JGRA..107.1124Z (based on measurements
performed during the 1998 'rain of fireballs' in Mongolia).

Dan