(meteorobs) Meteorites on The Ground! (Was: To Dirk)

Steven Kolins smkolins at mac.com
Fri Mar 25 19:50:39 EDT 2011

On Mar 25, 2011, at 7:45 PM, Meteorites USA wrote:

> How big is a pork pie?

I don't know but the pre-launch pre-release
<http://www.abdn.ac.uk/mediareleases/release.php?id=1020> says:

"The Orkney rock has been sent to Vienna to be specially sculpted to the right shape (about the size of a bowler hat) and was then attached to the side of the Russian spacecraft."

As an aside I'd also caution alittle that a Orkney rock isn't clearly defined as sedimentary or whatever or how it compares structurally with different meteorite/asteroid types. But it can't be out of the ballpark, right?

Steven Kolins
mailto:smkolins at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/smkolins/
http://smk99.blogspot.com/
Possess a pure, kindly and radiant heart!