(meteorobs) PLEASE READ: Language and tone on 'meteorobs'

Lew Gramer owner-meteorobs at meteorobs.org
Sat Mar 26 15:47:18 EDT 2011

First of all, thanks to those all those list participants who have
helped to maintain a constructive tone on the 'meteorobs' forum. This
includes Wayne Hally, George Gliba, Bob Lunsford, Esko Lyytinen, Dirk
Ross, and others - but especially Dirk, who is experiencing daily
concerns that most of us on this list can only imagine. As others have
stated on and off the list, Dirk, our thoughts here in the States (and
I'm sure, in Europe and elsewhere) are very much with those who are
suffering in Japan right now.

Second, please keep in mind that the primary topic of 'meteorobs' is
*meteors* and meteor showers. However, like comets, asteroids, or some
other topics, meteorites are closely related to meteors. So discussion
of meteorites (actual or possible) is welcome on the list, so long as
it does not dominate more on-topic discussions. All participants
please keep this in mind when the "season of major meteor showers"
begins again with the Lyrids in late April!

Finally, when you post a message to 'meteorobs', please always observe
minimal decorum and decency. Use of inflammatory language in general,
and of certain indecent words in particular, is *not* allowed on this
very public list. Those who repeatedly fail to observe this particular
rule will be removed from our list, and just possibly even banned from
rejoining the list permanently. (This is very rare, but has happened.)

Thanks again to all my fellow 'meteorobs' readers, for your continued
enthusiastic interest in the forum! Clear skies everyone,

Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs at meteorobs.org
http://www.meteorobs.org