(meteorobs) Meteorites on The Ground! (Was: To Dirk)

Meteorites USA eric at meteoritesusa.com
Sat Mar 26 16:33:32 EDT 2011

Hi Marco, List,

Your point seems logical, but I have a few questions. Basically the
ablation rates of the artificial meteorite was determined with an object
that fell at 35% of the speed of a natural meteoroid. Slower right? So
given that it was falling slower, and was incandescent for a longer
period, wouldn't that mean that it would have more time to ablate?
Perhaps a lower temperature for a longer duration, would be comparable
to a higher temperature for a shorter duration. Would it not ablate
comparatively to a larger faster body?

Regards,
Eric