(meteorobs) Two Fireballs on March 23rd from South-Central USA?

MEM mstreman53 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 18:43:08 EDT 2011

I saw this early on and also we've  also sighting vic Utah(?) and Georgia(US)
making it 4 or 5 or ? possible separate sightings that evening over the lower
US.  The double fireball in Texas added to the complexity and MAY HAVE
contributed to the impression that the fireball initially described was much
larger than it was.  We also had sighting reports around 4:30 am(?) totally out
of the window of the other occurrences. Of course one does not know this until
they've had a chance to begin assembling the "jig saw puzzle" of the Fireball
reports.

Anyone who has investigated fireballs knows how "accurate" the information is in
the reports and plotting them is is like putting together two commingled
puzzles.  It is really difficult-- especially working on little sleep, to keep
everything in orientation, perspective, focus and keep the stray details
floating about one's mind  from getting things mixed up while everything gets
juggled.

It is more difficult when a report simply says "I saw it out my bedroom
window".  Now... I may have been in a whole lot of bedrooms in my life  but , I
certainly haven't slept in each and every one-- so the quandary I have is do I
ask the lady to forgive my not knowing the details of her bed chambers and ask
her for a GPS fix and azimuth or do I play along in the hopes she will drop some
clues?

With all the demand for "data" and  now silence by some vocal parties, I thought
this multiple fireball would be a significant  "Ah ha!!!"  once one enmeshed
them self in the nitty gritty.  Not knowing there were apparent multiple
fireball issues demonstrates that the bulk of the readership didn't look at
squat-- choosing to rant on about philosophy rather than discuss evidence.

The only conclusion I can draw from sampling the reports and reviewing the plots
is that the people in the Western South usually know the compass direction their
porch faces much better than the folks of the Northeast!  I'll keep this dataset
supporting my judgment to myself however.

I am going to get some sleep and await any news from the ground search guys.

Elton