(meteorobs) [meteorite-list] Fireball question / sonic boom

Frank Cressy fcressy at prodigy.net
Tue Mar 29 20:06:32 EDT 2011

All,

There are several falls where no sonic boom was noticed.  Speaking of US falls,
the last two that come to mind are Berthoud, CO and New Orleans, LA.  Others
that I can readily recall are Salem, OR and Athens, AL.  Reports from the latter
two specifically state there were no "explosions" or booms.

Cheers,

Frank