(meteorobs) Brief ETA observation May 5/6 from north Florida

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:31:13 EDT 2011

Greetings again list,
     I had some clouds roll in fast on me this morning and promptly cut
short my session.  Had intended to go for two hours.  Only got in one hour
and had the following:

Date:  May 5/6, 2011
Location:  5 miles SW of St. Augustine, Florida  81 33 W, 29 09 N
7:25 - 8:25 UT (0325 - 0425 EDT)  Teff - 1.0 Lm - 5.9  20% horizon
obstruction (trees)
3 ETA, 1 ELY, 2 ANT, 6 SPO for 12 total meteors.

Mags:

ETA - +3 (1), +4 (2)
ELY - +1 (1)
ANT - +2 (1), +3 (1)
SPO - +2 (1), +3 (3), +4 (2)

Clouds shut me down at 4:30 a.m.  All three ETAs were faint, the highlight
of the abbreviated session was the ELY which was bright, long-pathed and
left a nice train.  I'm starting to really like this radiant!  Will try
again in the morning, still waiting for the ETAs to really wow me...;o).

Best regards, Paul in St. Augustine