(meteorobs) November coming

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Mon May 9 14:05:19 EDT 2011

Steven and All,

Even though asteroid YU55 is one of the larger Earth crossing objects, the odds of being struck by a particle from the Leonid stream
in 2011 is very remote. Even if it was in the vicinity of the Earth during a major Leonid storm, the asteroid would probably escape
unscathed.

I am curious why you are asking this question. Is it just food for thought or would you attempt to view a strike upon the asteroid
like has been observed on the moon?

Robert Lunsford