(meteorobs) (Meteorobs) OT Electrophonic Meteors - again

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 08:02:03 EDT 2011

Very suspect....

Such magnetic coupling would have a high intrinsic impedance, and therefore would be very questionable for telegraphic operation.

This is similar to the idea (wives tale) that a farmer can use a wire running along a power line to run things like welders and house appliances.  Even though you can get a voltage, the maximum power transfer theorem gets in the way.  e.g. you'll only get a few milli-amperes out of it due to the transformed impedance at the load point.  You might be able to run a small LED, but that's about it.