(meteorobs) IMO Summary - Eta Aquarid post-peak - 2011 May 07 - south Florida

Michel Vandeputte michelvandeputte at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 09:30:08 EDT 2011

Nice reading your report Lew...
Gator's noises....brrr....I am only used to hear the sounds of owls and foxes...
I was able to observe 3 ETA's during three nights (May 2-3, 3-4 and 4-5). One nice earthgrazing +1 ETA showed a magnificent trail between the Aquila - Delphinus border and the head of Draco.
ETA's from Belgium are pretty unique meteors; at best we could see 1-2 shower members in the last hour before dawn.

I was wondering how this meteor shower perform in the southern atmosphere; perhaps this could be a project for me in the future...

Long trains,

Michel Vandeputte