(meteorobs) FW: NJ crater in lawn Meteorite blamed

Wayne Hally meteoreye at comcast.net
Wed May 11 15:49:45 EDT 2011

Hi Dirk,

I spoke to the police captain, and he said any utilities such as gas or
electric lines were fine. No explosives were detected. It does not look
meteoritic to me, but I have no explanation at this point. The homeowner has
contacted me (voicemail only so far, missed picking up the phone by 3
seconds). I think I will be able to stop by later this week and take a
closer look.
 Also, the captain sent me some more photos, which I am about to look at
now. Hopefully, some clues...

Wayne