(meteorobs) FW: NJ crater in lawn Meteorite blamed

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 11 21:05:46 EDT 2011

Looks suspect to me as well.  I'm not a forensic expert, but I'm thinking the intact roots sticking up indicate it originated from below.  It just doesn't look right for an object coming from above.

Also, it looks like this is under a tree.  If something came from above, there might be damage to the canopy.  Obviously can't see that on the picture.

I'm thinking it was maybe a methane filled pocket such as an old manhole, abandoned gas pipe, or water-eroded sinkhole.

Isn't this fracking country?

Interesting indeed.