(meteorobs) Amateur (meteor) spectroscopy

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri May 13 20:40:52 EDT 2011

Sergei:
	There is very little popular literature published on meteor
spectroscopy.  I suggest you do a search with google for "Meteor
Spectroscopy".  This will provide you with many links to look at.  I
suggest you also go to the IMO Web Site and download the Meteor
Photography Manual available here:

http://www.imo.net/photo/handbook

	Chapter 3 is devoted to meteor spectroscopy.  You can also download
various meteor papers from ADS located at:  http://
adswww.harvard.edu/   You click on the section on "Search" then look
under Astrophysics andenter the various papers you would like to see.
You need a reference for the papers you are looking for.

	I suggest you download:  http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1958JRASC..52..169H
   and  http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1993A%26A...279..627B

Peter M. Millman - Pioneer of Meteor Spectroscopy - His original
papers on this:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1937AnHar..82..113M   and   http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1937AnHar..82..149M

	Much of this information is dated but the principals still apply
today.  Also visit the American Meteor Society Web site at:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1937AnHar..82..149M

I hope these links work. This should get you started.

Ed Majden - AMS Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay B.C. Canada