(meteorobs) Try 41.61 MHz CW for radio meteors in No. America

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Mon May 16 14:06:29 EDT 2011

Update:  I have been monitoring SNOTEL/SCAN for the past few hours and
get the sense that they may not be putting out a a constant signal. I
seem to only get meteors in five minute clusters at around the top of
the hour and at the half hour with lots of meteor-less void time
between.  If it was a constant carrier wave signal then there would be a
consistent and stable meteor background.

Maybe they are saving electricity/money  or something by only
transmitting for a few minutes during each hour?

If and when I find out more I will post fresh information.  As it
stands, this may not prove useful a radio meteor monitoring system. Not
sure.

Thomas