(meteorobs) My radio meteor listening finished Aug.31

Michael Boschat boschat at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun May 22 09:33:50 EDT 2011

Hi Kim:

> Mike, are you sure you cannot get any stations from the US?  They still
> have the fm bands.

 Nope, the US is gone digital last year and my meteor rates plummeted!
I count on Canada but now end Aug/Sept.1 we go digital.

 FM is too difficult from Halifax, I tried to listen to a WGBH in
Boston but we have a station here too strong on that frequency and
it just walks over them. Actually we have too many FM crap stations
here that are bunched in FM that some US ones are on :(

 I tried the other metioned frequencies posted here 40.67MHz and
one in Canada near Ottawa at 38.15 MHz but no luck, either too low
power or just too far from me.

 Also, I am very limited to what size antenna I can put on my balcony
and the new owner would not be happy with a big Yagi!

> You have all your data stored someplace, that we can possilby look at or
> listen too?  Kim Hay

 My data is stored at Radio Meteor Observing Bulletin:

http://www.rmob.org/index.php

http://217.169.242.217/rmob/articles.php?lng=en&pg=4

 check the text archives, you can enter the year and month and all data
from those who send it in are there.

Clear skies