(meteorobs) Parker Skycam Operational

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Nov 5 10:58:09 EDT 2011

Jim-

Meteors don't punch through clouds- they are far too high. But they are
often bright enough to be seen through clouds, which generates a
powerful illusion that they are actually being seen below the clouds.
That's an illusion that anybody who has collected fireball witness
reports is well aware of!

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory