(meteorobs) Observations Last Night

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 10:10:15 EST 2011

I was out between 08:51 UT and 09:51 UT last night (17/18Nov2011).

About 20 minutes into the count, facing W with the moon off my left shoulder, I saw a +3 NTA glide through the torso of Orion.

Things were slow, no SPO's or anything else, so I decided to try to face ENE - more moon but with he radiant in my FOV.  I used a stick with a small paper plate to block glare.

I saw a +4 Leonid.

With 2 minutes left before calling it quits (09:49), I saw an estimated -4 Leonid fireball shoot down toward the eastern horizon.  I was glad to see it.

James B - it was off to the east from here near Tulsa so I guess no chance you caught it on camera?

Bill,
Coweta, OK