(meteorobs) Is SNOTEL working? 40.67 MHz

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Sun Nov 20 13:36:42 EST 2011

On 11/20/11 10:32 AM, Michael Boschat wrote:
> hi all:
>
>   I was wondering if 40.67 MHz is still working ok?  I have not
> monitored it as I still get some meteors on 67.24 MHz here as a few
> small transmitters are still in analogue.

I tuned to 40.670 MHz and am seeing super- strong sporadic-E at 1832 UT.
Full-on signal!

See this map:
http://www.vhfdx.info/spots/map.php?Lan=E&Frec=28&ML=M&Map=NA&DXC=N&HF=N&GL=N

Try to tune in now before it fades out to find your regional
transmitter. Sporadic-E can fade out fast as conditions change though.

Thomas