(meteorobs) Fireball in E. Oklahoma Last Night - CORRECTED - UT was off an hour

Bill Godley wwgj180 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 16:31:36 EST 2011

At 20:30 +/- 1 minute local time on 28Nov11 (02:30 UT on 29Nov11) my wife and I were driving home from the Tulsa airport and both saw an estimated -7 fireball through the front windshield.  We were on highway 51 in Broken Arrow, OK, heading ESE at the time.  The meteor was medium to slow and was heading roughly N to S, about halfway up in the sky.  Fair amount of light pollution and haze obscured any persistent train that may have occurred.

Will log at the AMS site.

This is the second time I have seen an evening fireball while driving home from the airport.  Unfortunately, my 5-yr old in the back seat missed it, much to her chagrin.

Bill Godley,
Coweta, Oklahoma