(meteorobs) Cloudbait camera project???

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 1 00:28:45 EDT 2011

This affects all the cameras using Sony HAD sensors. They are very
sensitive to cosmic ray damage (I've heard that Sony only ships them by
land and sea, not air, to reduce damage before they are sold).

It affects aesthetics, but I've not ever had it be an issue in cameras
used for meteor detection. Most processing software incorporates hot
pixel removal tools that reconstruct bad pixels from their neighbors,
which largely takes care of the aesthetic issue.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com