(meteorobs) Allsky camera from Orion

Jim Wooddell nf114ec at npgcable.com
Thu Oct 6 19:50:44 EDT 2011

Hello Patrick and all,

After going through the experience with the Moonglow camera (story to follow
at a later date) and it's inability to show real time video at night of
moving objects in the sky, I would be really critical about any of these
systems and investigate thoroughly prior to purchase.

The proof is the company's ability to provide real time video of a meteor.
If it can not do that....well, it just wont work good enough for tracking.
I got a learning lesson the hard way  with delayed my Cloudbait camera
project!!

I am not putting these allsky cameras down...they are good for watching
cloud movement during the day. Many of these sky cams are just used for
looking at this sort of thing.  Meteors are not their cup of tee.

With kind regards,

Jim