(meteorobs) Meteor counting time periods for Draconid potential outburst

Karl Antier karl.antier at laposte.net
Fri Oct 7 19:32:27 EDT 2011

Hi Michel and all,

> I'll work with one - minute intervals; as during the Leonid returns (and
> Geminid returns)
> This is high resolution data and after the action you can do what you want
> with analysing the data (2, 5 or 10' ZHR analyses).

Good idea! I thought of that, but wondered if it would be useful. But I think I'll do this way ; like this you're sure to have the more accurate timing for the activity, even if it's not visible after in the report.

I'm just back from a small 1.25 h session that clouds allow me to do from 21h to 22h15 UT (I did not go further, as the activity was very low (inexistant in fact), and the radiant was going lower and lower, and I was thus afraid of biasing the data by going on observing). No Draconid observed, and 6 sporadics.
I hope tomorrow will be more active!
The good news of the night is that I reached a lm of +5.75, despite the Moon, so that's not so bad!

Clear skies and good luck to all!
Karl

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net