(meteorobs) Giacobinids quiet October 7/8 2011

Pierre Martin pmartin at teksavvy.com
Sat Oct 8 10:16:07 EDT 2011

Hi all,

A quick summary... I watched for 3 hours last night (between
0100-0400UT or 2100-0000 local time) under reasonably nice, very mild
and clear skies (LM 5.0-5.2).  I kept the moon behind a large umbrella
and I faced the north.  I saw a handful of sporadics and a couple of
possible Taurids but no signs of any Draconids.
I expect to be out again this evening as soon as possible after
sunset, in the hopes of catching a lingering activity or some kind of
background effect (perhaps something like what happened hours after
the main outburst in 1998).

Clear skies and good luck to all in Europe and Asia who'll be watching!

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario