(meteorobs) Draconids peaking radio wise!

Paul Goelz pgoelz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 08:36:01 EDT 2011

At 02:59 PM 10/8/2011, you wrote:
>Even with limited analogue TV here in Canada rates are high now!!! Will take
>them :)
>
>  Am listening for another 3 hours then if clear see if I can see any...

I captured a series of 30 minute spectrograms yesterday on 55.239 MHz
(USB) from the northern suburbs of Detroit and put them together in a
panorama covering the period between about 1800 and 2130 UTC.  Times
along the bottom edge are UTC and run left to right.  The whitish
vertical features are a joining artifact of the panorama program I
used (easier than trying to hand stitch them).

Here's a link to the panorama.  This is a 1.1MB file.

http://www.pgoelz.com/stuff/Draconids%2010-8-11.jpg

By eye, the peak appears to be about 2015 or 2020 UTC.

If anyone is interested in more data, I actually started the captures
several hours before that and they are still running.  The originals
are BMPs and slightly better resolution than the panorama JPG.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, Michigan USA
pgoelz at comcast.net