(meteorobs) Draconids Outburst Seen from Arava Desert

Shy Halatzi shyhalatzi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 17:18:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

We can confirm the Draconids outburst has occured around the predicted
times. The highest visual rate seems to have been around 19:50-20:10 UT, a
time period in which I observed 14 Draconids, which corresponds to a ZHR of
a few hundreds, I estimate. Another smaller enhancement rate was felt
earlier in the evening, around 17:00 UT. The brightest Draconid was ~
magnitude -2. Full reports will be submitted to the IMO system tomorrow.

Greetings and good luck to our friends in Europe,
Shy Halatzi
Anna Levin
Wienie van der Oord
Elena Ratz