(meteorobs) Point Meteor or Flaring Satelite

James Beauchamp falcon99 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 14 08:47:44 EDT 2011

My allsky camera catches them about once every couple of weeks.  Too slow to be meteors. Perfectly stationary = NOT IRIDIUM.  Always just after sunset or just prior to sunrise.  Always about the same az/el as you described, so can't be geostationary.
Orbitron never shows anything either, so the only thing I can think of is military SIGINT or ELINT in a molniya orbit with a BIG solar array.
Something is up there watching us all :)