(meteorobs) Utube link Re: Point Meteor or Flaring Satelite

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Fri Oct 14 10:02:54 EDT 2011

Op 14-10-2011 15:00, James Beauchamp schreef:
> Here's one I caught a few weeks ago...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbp7rIZzewI

If you have coordinates of your location, date and time (as accurate as
possible, preferably to the second) of observation (in UT) and approximate RA
and dec of the flash, I can try to identify it for you.

It looks to me I can see some movement on the video, so I think it is an object
in LEO. The Keyholes can flare quite bright so could be one of those. They move
in sun-synchronous orbits that repeat their groundtrack every few days.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek  -  SatTrackCam Leiden, the Netherlands.

Station (b)log: http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com
Twitter: @Marco_Langbroek
-----