(meteorobs) "Forecast" of fireballs from NEO visit - huh?

Jason Utas meteoritekid at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:02:53 EDT 2011

Hello All,

It's unfair to harp on Wayne for not proving someone else's claims.
If Elton wants to make conjectures and state them as probable/factual,
he should be able to back his statements up with data/evidence.
Wayne's not saying that Elton's wrong -- he's just saying that the
work should be done before claims are made.
Such statements should be supported by data.  It's available for Elton
to sort through, after all.

I'd say differently if Elton had addressed this with no data and a
skeptical approach, but he really didn't.

And perhaps it will galvanize some effort on his part and we can all
look forward to an abstract/ paper authored by him at an upcoming
conference.  Or not.

Kudos to Karl and Robert, sorry for the off-topic-ish post.

Regards,
Jason