(meteorobs) Orionids from the Mojave Desert

Robert Lunsford lunro.imo.usa at cox.net
Sun Oct 23 18:49:54 EDT 2011

I just returned from a 3 night outing in the Mojave Desert to view the Orionids. I did not see a single cloud the entire time out there. Rates were poor on the morning of the 21st but improved significantly on the 22nd and 23rd. No fireballs were seen during the official observing sessions but I did manage to catch a -6 copper colored Orionid earthgrazing fireball while trying to get some sleep on the late evening of October 22nd. Details of my observations will be posted shortly.

Robert Lunsford