(meteorobs) Oct 23/24 2011 Orionid obs from N FLA - still goingstrong!

Paul Jones jonesp0854 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:34:51 EDT 2011

Thank you, Michel.  That's an excellent question and I wish I had a good
answer...;o).   I'm sure in theory, if the skies are good enough to see many
more shower members than in lesser conditions, it would be reasonable to
expect much higher sporadic rates along with them.  I agree, that does not
seem to be the case in my data.  The sporadic rates I saw seemed to be not
that much out of line with "normal" at all.  It was only the Orionid rates
that were way up there.
I'm anxious to see everyone else's results are, too.  I can't really explain
it, I have always had high rates for the Orionids, ever since the 70s, but
nothing like this year!  Hopefully, someone else somewhere on Earth saw
them, too.  Otherwise, if not, I may begin to doubt my own senses...;o).

Clear skies, Paul in N FLA