(meteorobs) Piggybacking TLE observations onto all-sky meteor network

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Oct 29 11:11:02 EDT 2011

Whether allsky cameras can record TLEs depends on both the nature of the
TLEs and the type of capture software. As you know, I've occasionally
recorded sprites. This is with Metrec, which is rather sensitive to
flashes. But I'm fine tuning my capture detection software to reject
lightning. So ultimately, I'd like to filter out all TLEs other than
meteors. I think that is probably a goal of many software developers
focusing on meteor detection. So don't be too surprised if one day a
Sentinel update results in reduced detection of lightning events!

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com